Massive Search Of Boko Haram Members In Damaturu Yields Results

A mop up BOKO-Haram_Members2operation has continued in Damaturu, the capital of Yobe, after the attack on the town by the dreaded Islamists, the Boko Haram, with Security operatives recording huge progress by arresting some insurgents trapped in the town.

The Yobe State government had on Tuesday morning issued a statement imposing 24 hour curfew in the state capital.

“The imposition of the curfew will offer security operatives ample opportunity to mop up the town and free it from any further attack,” the state government said.

Residents said security operatives in conjunction with other volunteers had been walking round the town to arrest some of the sect members an effort witnesses said had been fruitful.

“Isolated and pocket of them have been arrested and handed over to the security forces,” the eyewitnesses said.

Meanwhile, as Damaturu town continues to be under 24 hour curfew, all streets remained deserted except movement of security forces and the volunteer youths hunting the leftover sect members.

Hospital sources told Channels Television that 13 corps of Mobile policemen were brought to the hospital morgue while 40 bodies of the insurgents and two of the civilians were also brought to the same specialist hospital.

Be Extra Vigilant

Channels Television was also informed that over 30 cars and official vehicles were burnt at the Mopol 41 base located along Biu road of Damaturu the state capital.

Structures at the base, according to the source, were also touched by the sect members in the attack.

The Mobile base was the first to be attacked by the insurgents as it was located along the area the insurgents had access to the town.

Meanwhile, the the Coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr Mike Omeri, has advised Nigerians to be extra vigilant in controls of the goings on  in their environment.

Mr Omeri told a press conference in Abuja on Tuesday that prompt information from citizens to appropriate security agencies would help check the activities of terrorists.

He commiserated with the victims of the attacks in Kano, Maiduguri, Damaturu  and all other Nigerians who have lost loved ones in the attacks.

“We have restated that government has not lost focus and it is continuing with facing the challenges and every efforts is directed at making sure that issues of insecurity threatening our peace is stopped in its track,” he said.

Source: Channels Television

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s